From Malaysia Factbook
|Centuries:||19th century – 20th century – 21st century|
|Decades:||1900s 1910s 1920s – 1930s – 1940s 1950s 1960s|
|Years:||1934 1935 1936 – 1937 – 1938 1939 1940|
- 1937, December 5: Sultan Badlishah of Kedah became the Regent of Kedah and ascended to the throne, upon the death of his father on 13 May 1943.
- Tun Tan Cheng Lock was elected as an official representative for the Straits Settlement to attend the coronation of King George VI.
- Chin Peng, then aged 12, joined the Chinese Anti-Enemy Backing Up Society (AEBUS), formed that year to send aid to China, in response to Japan's aggression. He was in charge of anti-Japanese activities at his school. At that time, Chin Peng was a supporter of Sun Yat-sen and not yet a communist.
- Sultan Hisamuddin Alam Shah Al-Haj became the 6th Sultan of Selangor.
- The Singapore Stockbrokers' Association was re-registered as the Malayan Stockbrokers' Association.
- The Bintulu airstrip was built in the town center.
- Khoo Kay Kim, Emeritus Professor in the History Department of Universiti Malaya
- Lee Kim Sai, former MCA Deputy President
- Mohamed Dzaiddin Abdullah, the 3rd Chief Justice of Malaysia
- Mohd Khalil Yaakob, the 6th Yang di-Pertua Negeri of Melaka
- Tengku Razaleigh Hamzah , former Finance Minister of Malaysia