Invention, Innovation and Technology Exhibition
Invention, Innovation and Technology Exhibition (ITEX) is an annual event, organized by the Malaysian Invention and Design Society (MINDS) to showcase the products of universities, research institutions, investors, corporations and others and to seek business opportunities for their respective inventions and innovations. First introduced in 1989, ITEX has become well-known throughout the world and has successfully showcased more than 600 inventions, both local and international. The participating countries include Iran, Korea, Arab Saudi, Thailand, Taiwan and others.
it is actually an expansion, as well as a transformation, of the former Mines Resort City, as part of the government’s Economic Transformation Programme (ETP), as announced on 11 January 2011 by Prime Minister Datuk Seri Najib Tun Razak. Spearheaded by PEMANDU (Performance Management and Delivery Unit), the City is envisioned to be a RM5.5 billion development by 2020.
the 5-star Palace of Golden Horses hotel;2. Facilities in Mines Wellness City presently include:
- Mines Wellness Hotel (formerly ‘The Mines Beach Resort and Spa’), with a man-made beach and swimming lagoon;
- Golden Horses Health Sanctuary, a health screening and Traditional Chinese Medicine center;
- Mines Shopping Mall;
- Mines Wonderland, a theme park;
- Mines Resort & Golf Club;
- Mines Waterfront Business Park;
- Malaysia International Exhibition & Convention Centre(MIECC); and
- The Heritage Residences, comprising 5 blocks with 18-storey luxury service apartment buildings, completed in 2006.
3. History: Mines Wellness City is sited on land which was formerly the site of the Hong Fatt Mine, the world’s largest open cast tin mine, covering an area of 1,300 acres (including the lakes). The Malaysian Government alienated the land to Country Heights Holdings Berhad (CHHB) on 30 March 1988 for the development of recreational and tourism. CHHB was founded and incorporated by Tan Sri Lee Kim Yew on 10 May 1984 as Kurniata Sdn Bhd, a private limited company. The development of the then Mines Resort City began in 1990.