Chronology:Tun Mohd Khalil Yaakob
From Malaysia Factbook
- 1937, December 29: Mohd Khalil Yaakob was born in Kuantan, Pahang.
- Unknown: Khalil Yaakob attended Malay College Kuala Kangsar and later graduated with a Bachelor of Arts from Universiti Malaya. He was a career diplomat and served in Italy, Morocco, Singapore and Indonesia.
- 1978 (age 41): Khalil Yaakob was first elected to the Bukit Ibam state seat in the Pahang State Assembly during the general elections.
- 1982 (age 45): Khalil Yaakob he won the Maran parliamentary seat and was appointed Deputy Minister of Education.
- 1984 (age 47):
- Khalil Yaakob was elected to the UMNO Supreme Council.
- Khalil Yaakob joined the Cabinet as Minister in the Prime Minister's Department.
- 1986 (age 49): Khalil Yaakob won the Bukit Tajau state seat in the general elections, and was appointed Menteri Besar of Pahang. He served for 3 terms until 1999.
- 1999 (age 62):
- 2004 (age 67):